Alice Book Bag PDF Sewing Pattern
The Alice Book Bag is a smart-looking messenger style bag. It’s versatile design allows it to convert from a double shoulder strap to a single strap worn cross-body. The vertical profile of the bag offers plenty of room for a journal, magazines, and waterbottle with interior and exterior pockets for smaller items. Alice will look great made in a fresh bold print or going old school by repurposing a vintage tablecloth or curtains. This pattern is part of my Make New or Make Do™ sewing pattern collection.
My 7-page printable PDF instructions include color photographs, detailed diagrams, glossary and all the assembly directions you'll need to make the Alice Book Bag (12" W x 13" H x 2" D).
Materials you'll need to make the Alice Book Bag:
- 3/4 yd of 45” wide Main fabric (Light to mid-weight fabrics, such as quilting cottons, twill canvas, decorator fabrics, linens.)
- 3/4 yd of 45” wide Lining fabric (Light weight fabrics, such as quilting cottons, broadcloth and shirting)
- 1 ¼ yd of 20” wide woven cotton fusible interfacing
- 2 yards of 1” wide cotton webbing
- 2 (or 3, optional) curtain grommets, 1” diameter hole
SEWING PATTERN ONLY. Finished products and materials are not included.
This item is a downloadable PDF pattern for a bag you make yourself.
No hard copy will be mailed to you. Purchase of this pattern does not constitute transfer of copyright or license for commercial usage.
All images and patterns copyright 2011, Betz White Productions, LLC. All rights reserved.